Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Jeans + Leggings = Jeggings

Fashion is one area of interest that I have come to love and obsess about since the age of 12. I try to not only stay with what is new and trendy, but put my own twist in it as well. That's why the UK is the perfect country for such a fashionable journey. I have discovered that leggings can be jeans too! At first, I was turned off by such a combination. But the more I saw it around at stores such as H & M and Top Shop, I started to think, why not? So I went online and ordered myself a pair. With a little redirecting via the post office of England, I got them today. What's great about jeggings? They are thicker than regular leggings so I can face the UK wind a little better, they give the appearance of wearing jeans without the discomfort, and are tight enough to fit into boots (unlike regular jeans). Indie town Bristol is all about leggings and tights, and naturally, the tightest jeans of all, jeggings! I give this discovery an A+ for comfort, style, and functionality!


1 comment:

  1. I just read your comment about my blog on women and power. Firstly I am very proud that your mom was able to come here and learn English and was able to grab a PH.D. Her work and efforts is truly admirable. You also have to keep in mind that China and Vietnam or Mexico are different countries. Because they are much poorer and much less urbanized the thought of being in America just to work alone is much more of a blessing than coming here to be educated. Also, keep in mind that my parents came to the U.S at the age of 23, (I am 22 now) with two children. They were petrified scared and mortified. My father learned how to speak English and I am more than proud of him. My mother on the other hand, was not educated in Vietnam to begin with...she could barely learn how to read or write in her own language let alone another person's language. I kind of take offense to it because I love my mom, and even if I were to go back and do it all again I would. Because of her and because of facing people at a young age...I learn to be very very professional, and I learned to be sociable with many kind of people. I also learned to be open minded at a very young age. My dad even though he spoke fluent English, he could have easily translated for my mom, but he always asked me to do it. It helped me face the world. It honestly, it made me extremely strong. As for the divorce Divorce rates :Vietnamese women is about 18% and for chinese women it's 20% but just last year there was an increase of 15% in divorces...35%. During your generation, and the later generation that you mother is living ..the encouragement for education is definitely higher. The same goes for many other women in many other countries. We are growing and women are starting to be a part of the professional (almost in all asian countries now). I think that you are very fortunate and very lucky to have very well educated parents. This is true with many Chinese parents but here in Houston TX, chinese divorce rates are shooting up the roof. It's not my boyfriend's parents. It's actually in the US Census.

    ReplyDelete